… this little badge and nudge suddenly landed in my lap… and never really having been one to “do” those ”pass-along” posts I just sat staring at it befuddled, not entirely sure what to do – but definitely experiencing that “damn-she-got-me” feeling… *chuckles* Still, there are a lot of “firsts” in my daily life at the moment, and why not add one more? Especially, since it’s urged by the lovely and talented Renee over there in the Wilderness.
I don’t know what exactly this award means, or where it comes from. Or even who started it. But recently I have been reminded repeatedly of how the world around us changes with what we pass along to it, and frankly… I think I am long overdue for passing out some appreciation to some of those wonderful people whose words and thoughts inspire mine.
I have no idea whether the people on this list will choose to take it up and pass it on – in some cases, I am not even sure whether they read my blog. But *I* read theirs – and enjoy it immensely, even if I don’t comment (much). So, these are my unsung heroes….
And now,… *drum roll* … the awards go to:
1. Emily of Pajama Days – because she has an incredible way of making everyday life and things too often overlooked special, and she does it with such heart, wit and insight … I love her posts!
2. Kathy of Lake Superior Spirit – because in so many ways she reminds me of myself.
3. Sam of The No Niche – because I love his thought-provoking writing.
4. whirlwindofemotions of Whirlwind of Emotions – because I adore her posts and comments and she doesn’t write nearly enough!! Yes, that’s a hint!! LOL Take it!
5. tsuchigari of My Literary Quest – because not only does she write great blogs about interesting topics, she also shares writing tips and insight that I find extremely useful (not least of all because English isn’t my native language).
6. Mihir of One Line @ A Time – because simplicity and words don’t always mix so well… yet here they do.
7. Abigail of Abigail Thompson Photography – because apart from the quirky, witty remarks and ponderings that follows her images, I admire her creative well of ideas and her means of expressing them.
8. Judy of Just Enjoy Him – because in her blog I find perspective and new ways of looking at things. And to me that is one of the major inspirations both for reading and writing.
9. Reudor of Thinkering – because his strips are just plain funny!
10. Sven of Sven Seebeck Photography – for his beautiful images and neat tips and tricks on photography
I do want to mention, though, that Renee and her wilderness would actually have figured quite prominently on this list if she had not beaten me to the punch. We all need a place to “get lost” … to go exploring… and to find ourselves and our way back home again every so often… and all of these wonderful bloggers help me do just that – including Renee.
So, THANK YOU all of you!
Now, that was the easy part… apparent I am also supposed to come up with 10 things about myself that people “out there” probably don’t know. Which should be totally easy… but somehow just isn’t.
1. My grandma (maternal) is my biggest hero. She is the heart and soul of my family, the cornerstone and gathering point we all converge around, and she is just the sweetest most compassionate person I have ever been blessed to know. She turned 80 in February and still lives in her own (big) house, tending her own (big) garden – including the veggie patch, takes computer classes and helps out in a cafe for eldery people in a retirement facility. She is so busy, doing things and going places and experiencing things that we literally have to call and make an appointment to see her – or she won’t be home *grins* I LOVE my grandma! She is SO cool!
2. I’m a virgo – and it shows sporadically. I used to be much more of a neat freak, organising everything than I am now, but I still fall victim to my own “virgo-spells” now and then and start these massive clean-out-clean-up projects now and then, and don’t realise until I am exactly halfway through that perhaps I was being a little too ambitious…
3. I love to be on my own. I am in many ways a loner at heart. Travelling, going on vacation and just being out and about exploring on my own is perhaps one of the things I cherish most of all. I never find it awkward and though it is fun to share experiences with others, I also value the opportunity of doing it alone.
4. I am allergic to potatoes. Which is very weird and a big problem when you’re a Dane. Potatoes are a HUGE part of the normal diet here, and everyone likes and eats them, so it can be really awkward when invited over to dinner somewhere new and they didn’t realise that I won’t be able to eat half the food they’re serving…
5. I sea-kayak for fun in the summer, and love being on and by the water… but I absolutely hate being in it. I don’t really like swimming and I never swim in the sea.
6. I love a man who lives in the States. Which is a really long way away…
7. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was in my late 20’ies. You can get a license here when you turn 18 but I never really felt like I wanted it until then.
8. Years ago I stuck my toe in Lake Huron in Ontario Canada in March just to test if the water was really cold. I guess the fact that we had to break through the ice by the shore to actually GET TO the water should have been a clue…
9. Butterflies make me think of my brother. He committed suicide in November 2004 and at his funeral there was a butterfly in the church. Usually, they never make it past late September here… but that one apparently did. So, now I can’t see a butterfly without thinking of him. And sometimes, it doesn’t even hurt all that much…
10. Writing lists like this makes me feel vulnerable – like I want to go back an edit stuff. But I am glad that I did write it, and I promise not to start erasing and editing … for now 😉
Thanks, Renee – for the tag and opportunity to do this. And keep up the good work on your blog!!